Thursday 16 June 2011

Fred Olsen Ship Visit

At the end of last week I went back down to Southampton to sample the delights of Fred Olsens Balmoral.


I went with an open mind and was really looking forward to veiwing this ship as I have many customers booked on her and many more enquiries. Fred Olsen only have four ships in their fleet and this family run business has been around for over 150 years! The perception has always been that they cater for the more mature traveller with departures from 7 UK ports, making them one of the most accessible cruise lines across the country.


On entering the ship I was welcomed by a very spacious and pleasant reception area and some very attentive crew!


There was a really nice ambiance on board, I felt like I could quite easily do a long cruise on this ship. The cabins were spacious and fresh with the suites offering complimentary drinks and lots of space!


The upper decks felt modern and looked smart, my photos don't do it justice as the skies were black but I was very impressed as I didn't imagine a Fred Olsen ship would look like this. After the tour we dinned in the Ballindalloch Restaurant with a glass of wine. The food was great, I had soup for starter and beef for main. 


I had a fantastic day and would recommend this ship to any traveller who wants a friendly ship from the UK with great service and years of experience. Take a look at some of there offers at www.cruise.co.uk.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Recommend me to your friends